Gorbeia Suzien 2017 Rules
THE COUNT DOWN TO ENROL IN THE RAFFLE OF GORBEIA SUZIEN TERNUA 2017, EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP HAS BEGUN!
It is vital to enrol in advance to participate in the raffle. The period for the inscriptions will be from the 1st June, 8.00 a.m. – to 4th June, 10.00 p.m. in the following webpage: www.kirolprobak.com.
The raffle will be ruled taking into account these criteria:
The amount of numbers in the main race:
- 450 numbers will be raffled
- Organization will reserve 150 numbers to cover all commitments associated with this evidence (elite runners, sponsors…)
- ISF will distribute 50 numbers as Gorbeia Suzien Ternua 2017 is in the European championship.
The period for the inscriptions will be from the 1st June, 8.00 a.m. – to 4th June, 10.00 p.m. in the following webpage: www.kirolprobak.com. It is essential to enrol to participate in the raffle.
- Each runner will have a number for the raffle.
- The runners who have participated in the previous editions will get another number in the raffle for each year they have taken part.
- The people who are from Arratia will get another number in the raffle. Note: it is essential to send the registration of residency in a town to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org before 10.00 p.m. of 4th June.
- Suzien Mendi Kluba members will get another number for the raffle.
The raffle will take part the 5th of May in the Town Hall of Zeanuri. The numbers list will be published in advanced. The raffle will be named and all the numbers will be taken randomly. The start-numbers will be given to the first 450 participants, respecting the order. The next ones, will go directly to the waiting list in the same order appeared in the raffle. The start-number sharing will be transparent and public and everybody in any time could now how is the list organized and the changes that has been made. The ones that has been selected will have five days to complete the registration. If they don´t do it, they will go automatically to the last place of the waiting list. The ones that has been selected from the waiting list will also have five days to complete the registration, if not, they will also go automatically to the last place of the waiting list.
Requirements and rights
The participants that will take part in Gorbeia Suzien Ternua have the compromise to respect the normative of the race and ISF. At the same way, all of them has the right to take part on the race. You have the right to take part in the race once you take your start-number. As the start-number is named and non-transferable you will need to deposit the Identity Card (The once who has the mountain insurance they will need to deposit the insurance card too) in the place and hour established following the now a days rules.
– It could return the start-number until the 31st of August getting back the 80% of the registration.
– It could return the start-number until the 30th of September getting back the 70% of the registration with the condition that someone from the waiting list needs take her or his place completing the registration.
Note: the regulations of the short race will be published soon.
The party will start the 1st of June. See you soon, good trains and regards from Gorbeia!
- Date and place: The 6th GORBEIA SUZIEN TERNUA MENDI LASTERKETA will take place on 7 October 2017 in the town of Zeanuri (Biscay) at 9:00 h (both routes).
- Routes: the race has two itineraries. A MAIN COURSE of 31 km and 2400 m of elevation gain; and a FUN RUN / WALK of 22 km and 1340 of elevation gain. Both of them pass through the GORBEIA NATURAL PARK for the most part.
- SCORING: The main course is part of the ISF SKYRUNNER EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP and the last scoring race for the ISF SKYRUNNER NATIONAL SERIES SPAIN, ANDORRA & PORTUGAL 2017.
Links to download the ISF’s Official Competition Reglamentation:
- Participation: All the athletes, mountaineers or sportsman/sportswoman older than 18 years old can participate in the main course, and older than 15 years old (with signature of parent or guardian) in the fun run / walk, up to 600 participants in the main course, and up to 250 in the fun run / walk. All the participants registered in both races must comply to follow this regulation as well as the ISF’s.
Overall male and female
FUN RUN / WALK:
Overall male and female
- Registrations: the period of registration starts the 1 June (8:00 h) and ends the 4 June (22:00 h) 2017, and they will be assigned by draw on the 5 June 2017 (read the regulations of the draw). Registrations of the fun run will open on the 6 June 2017. Both of them through the registration platform www.kirolprobak.com.
- Price: The registration fee of the MAIN COURSE is 54 € for those who are mountain federation members with yellow chip; 55 € for those who are federation members; 59€ for those who are not federation members but have a yellow chip; 60€ for those who are not federation members. The registration fee for the FUN RUN/WALK is 50€ for those who are mountain federation members with yellow chip; 51 € for those who are federation members; 54€ for those who are not federation members but have a yellow chip; 55€ for those who are not federation members. Suzien Mendi Kluba members will have a 10% discount that will be paid back at the moment of receiving their bib.
The price includes the right to participate in the race with all the services included (food and drinks, medical assistance, showers, left-luggage facilities, post-race massage, etc), gift bag for each participant in the specified conditions during the inscriptions (technical garment, local products, etc), street party and the corresponding insurance.
- Signage: The course is correctly signalled with signs and visible safety coloured tape. Every 5 km there are kilometrical indication signs.
- Checkpoints: During the race the organization has arranged 8 intermediate control points in the main course and 4 of them in the fun run/walk. It is mandatory to pass them, so the regulatory controls can be carried out. Their location is marked on the maps and outlines of the routes.
- Aid stations: There are 8 aid stations of food and drinks in the main course and 4 of them in the fun run / walk, plus the one on the finish line. In these areas the participants shall be offered solid and liquid commodities (water, isotonics, energy bars, etc). Their location is marked on the maps and outlines of the routes.
- Time limit: For the main course, the time limit to cross the finish line is 6 hours and 30 minutes, and 6 hours for the fun run. Those who exceed the limit amount of time will lose all options to appear on the final classification.
In any case, the organisers in charge will have the power to compel the withdrawal from the event for those runners who do not meet the expectations of the established times for the timing controls, as well as anyone who has infringed the race rules; has not completed the marked course; is not wearing the bib in a visible way; neglects the organisers’ indications, or keeps a bad attitude towards the rest of participants. For such a purpose, the organization has intended the participation of two broom runners (people that will work as a “broom wagon”) to close the back of the race. All those participants affected by a decision of disqualification must hand over their bib in the nearest checkpoint and leave the race following the instructions given by the organisers.
- Awards: There are established the following prizes:
See Awards section.
- Classification: All the participants of the main course will acquire qualification points for the classification of the ISF SKYRUNNER EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 and ISF SKYRUNNER NATIONAL SERIES SPAIN, ANDORRA & PORTUGAL 2017.
- Informative meeting: Organisers will provide topographical information about the locations of the race, as well as further information during a presentation that will be held on the eve, the 6 October 2017, between 17:30 and 19:30 in Zeanuri’s court wall. It will be repeated on the same day of the race, between 07:00 and 08:30 in the same location. We emphasize the importance that all the participants attend this meeting.
- Delivery of the bib number: The delivery of the bibs will take place in Zeanuri’s court wall on the 6 October 2017 (eve) between 17:30 and 19:30 h, and on the day of the race between 07:00 and 08:30 h.
The bib number is personal and will be given personally to each participant, after showing a valid ID. At the same moment they will receive a gift bag. The members of mountain federations must show their federation license when collecting the bib.
- Environment: Most of the race takes place in landscapes of exceptional beauty, therefore it is everybody’s responsibility to preserve the environment, avoid dropping waste outside the aid station areas. To that effect there will be placed bags or trash bins up to a distance of 100 m from the aid station.
Failing to comply this rule implies instant disqualification for a participant.
- Health care: The organization will locate health assistance in the most strategic points of the route and in the area of start/finish line.
- Safety: The organization reserves the right to modify the route to alternative paths and do all the modifications that they consider to be necessary depending on the determinants, as well as suspending the race if the adverse weather conditions compel them to do so or in case of force majeure.
- Assistance in accidents: The participants are expected to assist injured people that need help, as well as informing of any mishap in the checkpoints.
It is required to bring a windproof jacket. The ISF obliges all participants to wear a windproof jacket during the race. This windproof jacket should match the size of the participant, having long sleeves and a hood. In case it lacks a hood, it can be accepted a windproof jacked without one, if the participant brings a hat, a neck gaiter o similar that fully covers their head. In the event of adverse weather conditions, the organization may require, in addition to the windproof jacket, a thermal blanket as part of the compulsory equipment.